Immigrate to Canada from Lebanon
Canadian immigration from Lebanon is made simple with our 3-step procedure.
Thinking of moving to Canada from Lebanon? If so, that’s awesome! Canada is one of the best countries in the world to live in. It has a stable democracy, excellent quality of life, and a clean environment. The country also offers high standards of education, healthcare, and job opportunities.
In addition, Canada has a fair immigration process which makes it easier for people to settle there. In this blog post, you will find all the information you need to successfully immigrate to Canada from Lebanon. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
What you need to know before immigrating to Canada from Lebanon?
Before immigrating to Canada from Lebanon, there are several things you should know.
- First, when it comes to receiving a Canadian visa, citizens of Lebanon are among the top recipients, with 200,000 to 400,000 Lebanese currently living in Canada.
- Second, there are thousands of jobs in Canada for Lebanese, particularly in Quebec where French is the primary language. In fact, the largest Lebanese-Canadian community is in Montreal, Quebec. So, if you want to immigrate to Canada from Lebanon and you have good French or English language skills, there are great opportunities available to you.
- Third, Canadians are a friendly people who welcome immigrants and celebrate multiculturalism (immigrants account for 23% of the 38 million people living in Canada).
- Fourth, over 400,000 people each year are approved for immigration to Canada from Lebanon and other countries around the globe, making Canadian immigration one of the top choices for skilled immigrants worldwide.
Thus, Lebanese immigration to Canada is an excellent option if you and your family are looking for a comfortable place to live and work abroad!
Requirements for Immigrating to Canada from Lebanon
There are several general requirements that you must meet when you immigrate to Canada from Lebanon such as:
- Qualify for a Canadian immigration program
- Satisfy the French or English language criteria
- Have a medical exam to confirm your good health
- Show proof of funds to support yourself in Canada
- Prove that you do not have a criminal record
- File the Canadian immigration application correctly
- Provide copies of the required supporting documents
- Pay the different Canadian governmental fees
The Easy Way to Immigrate Canada From Lebanon
Your One Stop Shop of Services for Moving to Canada From South Africa
Move to Canada from South Africa in 3 Easy Steps:
The first step is to register as a new client of Canadian Visa Expert.
Complete your online eligibility assessment application.
Submit your eligibility assessment application for evaluation.
Your Assessment Results will inform you about your best visa option.
To take your first step, click here!
The second step for eligible clients will involve gathering and checking the documents needed for the application.
You will be guided on taking the English or French language exam and getting your Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
Your documents will be checked and you will be informed if you are eligible to move forward to the final step.
At the start of the third step, you will sign a retainer with the immigration consultants.
The immigration consultants will file your Express Entry profile on your behalf.
After you get an Invitation to Apply, the immigration consultants will submit your Canadian PR Visa Application and a decision is usually made within 6 months.
Skilled Worker Visas to Canada
The cost of immigrating to Canada from Lebanon
When you immigrate to Canada from Lebanon, you should expect to pay several thousand Canadian dollars for the governmental fees and non-governmental expenses. These costs are not paid at one time and are spread out during the entire procedure. Below, is an overview of the costs for skilled immigration to Canada from Lebanon
- Your Permanent Residency Application Fee = 940,378 Lebanese Pounds
- Your Right of Permanent Residency Fee = 569,758 Lebanese Pounds
- Spouse’s Permanent Residency Application Fee = 940,378 Lebanese Pounds
- Spouse’s Right of Permanent Residency Fee = 569,758 Lebanese Pounds
- Dependent Child Fee = 254,455 Lebanese Pounds (for each child)
- Permanent Resident Card = 55,316 Lebanese Pounds (for each person)
- French or English language evaluation exam
- Education Credential Assessment (ECA) (if relevant)
- Receiving Canadian immigration services (if relevant)
- Translation of documents into French or English (if needed)
- Medical exam(s)
- Police certificate(s)
- Travel expenses when moving to Canada from Lebanon
- Shipping expenses for possessions when immigrating to Canada (if relevant)
- Expenses after moving to Canada from Lebanon (housing, food, transport, etc.)
You will need to show Proof of Funds if you immigrate to Canada from Lebanon through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program or certain other Canadian immigration programs.
Proof of Funds is the minimum amount you will need to live in Canada after arrival:
- 1 Person = 14,726,152 Lebanese Pounds
- 2 People = 18,333,008 Lebanese Pounds
- 3 People = 22,538,426 Lebanese Pounds
- 4 People = 27,364,533 Lebanese Pounds
- 5 People = 31,036,667 Lebanese Pounds
- 6 People = 35,004,208 Lebanese Pounds
- 7 People = 38,971,750 Lebanese Pounds
Please note that the CAD-LBP exchange rate was as of October 30, 2022, and the expenses are subject to change.
The Proof of Funds amounts are estimates of the minimum amount of financial resources you will need when immigrating to Canada from Lebanon. The amount that you need may be more, depending on where you will live in Canada, how long it takes for you to find Canadian employment and other factors.
Immigration Process: Lebanon to Canada
- Create an online Express Entry profile with your details
- You must qualify for an eligible Canadian immigration program:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- A Canadian immigration official will review your profile
- Your profile is placed in the pool of candidates if you qualify
- You must receive an Invitation to Apply for Canadian immigration
- Your family has their medical exams after receiving the ITA
- File your Canadian immigration application within 60 days
- Pay the Canadian governmental fees
- Get a decision about Express Entry to Canada within six months
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- 11 of Canada’s 13 provinces and territories have a PNP
- Each province/territory with a PNP creates its own criteriaThe Provincial Nominee Program has two major stages:
- Apply for a PNP
- Apply for Canadian immigration
- You must first apply to one or more PNP
- A provincial/territorial immigration official will review your application
- If you are approved for a PNP, you will receive a nomination
- After receiving a nomination, you can apply for Canadian immigration
- When you immigrate to Canada, you will live in the nominating province
Immigrate to Canada as an Entrepreneur
- Apply online for the Start-up Visa Program
- Provide the required documents and pay the governmental fees
- Your business must be innovative, create jobs and compete globally
- Support from a designated organization is required
- You must satisfy the French or English language requirements
- Proof of funds are needed to show you can support your family in Canada
- Note: You must apply for the Quebec program to start a business in Quebec
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor family for a visa
- Canadian sponsors must be at least 18 years of age and meet all criteria
- Family members who can be sponsored include:
- Spouse/partner at least 18 years of age
- Children under 22 years of age without a spouse/partner
- Parents and grandparents
- Orphaned nephews and nieces under 18 without a spouse/partner
- Orphaned grandchildren under 18 without a spouse/partner
- Certain other family members may be able to receive sponsorship
- Application is made to the Family Sponsorship Program
- All governmental fees and supporting documents must be provided
- The Canadian province of Quebec has its own immigration programs
- Foreign workers apply for the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program
- At least 50 points are needed if single or 59 points with a spouse/partner
- Points are given for education, work experience, language skills, etc.
- Quebec is a French-speaking province, so knowing French is crucial
- The Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program has 2 major steps
- File an online Expression of Interest (EOI) on Quebec’s Arrima portal
- A Quebec immigration official will review your EOI to see if you qualify
- If you get a Certificat de sélection du Québec, you can apply for immigration
- Once approved for Canadian immigration, you will live and work in Quebec
Important tips for emigrating from Lebanon to Canada
Learn everything you can about emigrating from Lebanon to Canada (the Canadian Visa Expert website is an excellent resource with a wealth of useful information).
If you have good French language skills, you may want to consider moving to Canada’s French-speaking province of Quebec where there are many Lebanese-Canadians.
Prepare for and take an approved evaluation exam for the French language (such as the TEF Canada Exam) or the English language (such as the IELTS General Training Exam).
In the event you do not possess good English or French language skills, you can take an online English as a Second Language (ESL) course or online French language course.
If you want to learn if you qualify for emigration from Lebanon to Canada, you can register to receive an Eligibility Evaluation from the authorized immigration consultants who work with Canadian Visa Expert.
Should you qualify to start the process for immigration to Canada from Lebanon, the authorized immigration consultants who collaborate with Canadian Visa Expert can help to make the application process easier for you to complete correctly.
Canadian Visa Expert makes the process easy and affordable!
Discover Frequently Asked Questions from Our Support
Cities in Canada
Ottawa is the national capital of Canada, home to the Parliament, Prime Minister and Cabinet, and the Supreme Court. The federal government is the largest employer in Ottawa, but many people work in technology, tourism, finance, insurance, trade, construction, healthcare among other occupations.
Founded in 1608, Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America. Residents and visitors alike can enjoy the French-Canadian charm of Chateau Frontenac and Vieux-Québec (Old Quebec). Quebec City also has a strong economy with the key sectors including healthcare, services, commerce, and tourism.